The Best Doggie Safe Ice Cream Recipe
It’s not even officially the Summer season here in Texas, but temperatures have already reached nearly 100° during the heat of the day. It’s so important to monitor your pet’s heat exposure and look for the signs of overheating, which you can read more about in our article, “The Dawg Days of Summer.”
We love to find creative ways to keep pampered pups cool and engaged in enrichment-based play, and a fur-bulous way to do that is through a frosty treat that’s fun to eat! This 3-ingredient doggie ice cream is a favorite among our doggie day camp pups, and we’re passing on the recipe to you!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 16oz of plain yogurt
- 1-2 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup of peanut butter (Be sure to check the label for xylitol, which can be toxic to dogs!)
Here’s what to do:
- Put all of your ingredients into a food processor, blender, or mixer, and blend thoroughly until smooth.
- Portion your mixture into a silicone mold, ice cube tray, licki mat, or puzzle bowl.
- Place in the freezer for at least two hours to harden.
- Give it to your pup for a special frozen treat!
It’s really that simple and oh, so delicious!
Be sure to post a photo of your pampered pup enjoying their ice cream and tag @pamperedpetinn or @pamperedpetrec to be featured on our social media!